About Parallels Desktop
A complete Windows operating system may be run on Parallels Desktop on an Intel-based Mac. In this writing, it's the only method to use Windows on an Apple silicon system.
In addition to being quick and well-integrated with the host and guest computers, Parallels also receives regular updates to keep it compatible with the most recent versions of Windows and macOS. It has earned our Editors' Choice Award for its virtualization technology.
- A wide variety of guest operating systems may be supported.
- Parallels Desktop 11 is significantly quicker than previous versions.
- It allows the simultaneous use of two different operating systems without restarting the machine.
- Apple's Metal API and DirectX 11 are supported in Windows apps.
- Annual membership is required for Parallels Desktop Business Edition and Professional Edition.
- Virtual RAM use for Parallels virtual machines is high.
- Annual memberships or the Business edition include several additional features not available to everyone.
Cost and Availability
The most recent version of Parallels Desktop 17 may be downloaded from Parallels' website. Complete and upgrade packages are available, with the first starting at $50. Annual subscriptions are available for the Pro and Business versions, while the Standard version is available for a one-time purchase. Additionally, a student discount and a free trial option are also available.
You can use Parallels coupon code for the best deal.
Feasible to run Windows on a Mac.
You could run Windows on your Mac with previous versions of Parallels. With Parallels Desktop 10, you have even more ways to connect with Windows.
Coherence, a Windows feature, enables you to execute programs from different operating systems side by side in your Applications folder, with each program automatically starting in the environment it was built for.
As with previous Parallels versions, you can drag and drop photos from your Mac desktop into an email client with no problems. This feature is available in the Launchpad on Mac OS X 10.7 or later, and it allows you to run a native Windows program from the Mac interface.
To make it less of a jarring experience for customers who have to switch between the two operating systems often, minor feature modifications and updates like these are helpful.
Parallels are defined by their properties.
Parallels Desktop has the following features that set it apart from other virtualization software:
- This release incorporates the Metal API and Microsoft Direct X 11 support.
- Installing the software is a breeze, thanks to the included installation guidance.
- Sidecar and Apple Pencil compatibility
- There are several screen layouts to choose from.
- The transmission of files is fast and straightforward.
- This product is compatible with Boot Camp.
- It is possible to use Remote Access to send emails from a Mac's Finder window to a computer running Windows.
According to the system requirements, the battery drain is to be expected with all of Parallels for Mac's advanced features. You may extend the life of your device's battery by using Parallels' Travel Mode option.
Does Parallels Desktop Support a Wide Range of Operating Systems and Platforms?
To run Windows 10 or Windows 11 on an M1 Mac, you need Parallels for Mac OS X, which can be downloaded for free. Parallels include a menu from which you may download and install ARM-based versions of Debian, Fedora, Kali Linux, Ubuntu, and other Linux distributions, including those based on ARM.
A unique virtual version of the game will be available to anyone who has the program installed in the Monterey beta and the final version, which is expected to be released this fall.
When I tested this particular version of Parallels, none of the tight host-guest integration features that Parallels gives to customers running macOS guest systems on Intel-based devices were supported.
Virtualization was already great with Parallels Desktop for Mac, but the latest version takes it to another level.
In addition to new features, such as the possibility to adjust your installation before you begin, you may set up an environment that is appropriate for the work at hand.
Yosemite and iOS 8 have been added to Parallels' list of supported operating systems. As a result, you can use Yosemite's handoff features while working in Windows—something that Windows couldn't do on its own—while still using Mac services.
While there are cheaper or even accessible virtualization options, Parallels is a smart buy since it offers a wide range of features that make switching between operating systems a breeze.
FAQs for Parallels
⭐️ How much discount do I get on Parallels plans?
You get a 15% discount on all licenses using the promotional code.
⭐️ How to activate Parallels discount code?
Click on the plan you are purchasing, copy the code and use it at the checkout page.
⭐️ How many active promotions are available online?
Currently, we are running deals on all Parallels editions.